VGS Differential pressure sub is used to achieve an underbalance perforating condition between tubing and the formation. The sub has a thin high strength ceramic disc which prevents communication between the tubing and the annulus until a drop bar released from the surface breaks it. Ports located below the disc allow the fluid to flow into the tubing and circulate after the perforation. A non-ported version is available for pulse cleaning of perforations.
Design feature and application:
- Reliable cost effective tool to achieve underbalance.
- Differential pressure up to 68 MPa on the convex side.
- Ported version provides large flow area.
- Ceramic disc acts as a debris catch.
- Can be run with any packer.
- Available in standard EUE thread.